Crushing Forehand Power – Tennis Lesson

48 thoughts on “Crushing Forehand Power – Tennis Lesson”

  1. Thanks for the uTube Video Tips very helpful in Transferring the elements (Power Energy) from our body (Legs, Hips and Shoulder) into the Tennis Ball for a better performance game. I like the 3 Elements (1) Consistence (2) Develop Power (3) Curve the Ball at Top Speed. SCP Tennis Community – Griffin

  2. 3:20 he says that we need a big wind up which is very incorrect. We do not get our power from the wind up, we get it from cooling our hips and then uncoiling.

  3. would you also teaching tactics online by using visual coaching pad like https://youtu.be/0oMc9IrIHtI

  4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BIP4zs_kJY

    Hello guys,
    I started playing tennis 3 months ago. I shank a lot of balls. I made a video of myself hitting some forehands in slow motion. (link above) Can anybody give some tips, or tell me what i do wrong when i hit a forehand? Would be great to get some advice

    Cheers

  5. it's called energy chain in my hometown's club
    a power comes from your feet and goes up to the racket

  6. This is awful to use the young woman as an example of a proper forehand we she does not step in to the ball! Really great athletes such as Serena can win this way but teaching most people this way is a huge disservice. The open footed forehand is a formula which creates in most a very inconsistent shot. Just seeing this makes me question the value of these lessons. Footwork still matters. Take a look at Andre Agassi's forehand and footwork if you want to learn to crush this shot.

  7. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwQUhLhYjR8&feature=youtu.be

    can anybody tell me how to hit my forehand better?

  8. Blah blah blah You are just telling how the stroke looks like, but you do not know how it works.
    You do not know the physics and mechanics.
    You are not a teacher just demonstrator.
    You watch her doing it wrong and not even notice it, You are just a hack.

  9. This is a great program for the average tennis player. It not only works on your game, but also provides a great cardio workout. Mike is a great motivator and coach.

  10. This is such a key video – in matches, I often realise that I am holding my racquet so tightly and then the ball flies out – at key moments, I keep the looseness in mind and it is such a help – same on the serve

  11. After being self taught for 14 years with off and on consistency in playing time I have never been. able to rise above a level 3.5 player. With a little more consistency since October I felt like I have been knocking on the door of 4 plus. After watching this video and implementing the drills in my practice I went out and played my 4.5 buddy with whom I have a 300-4 record against and beat him 6-3, 6-4. This video has propelled me to that elusive 5.

  12. Excellent!  I need more power, as I turn 62 soon, and this really helped me!  I was taught by a pro in 1970, at age 13.  It is totally out of sync with modern tennis!  What you show here is  much like the Federer stroke.  I have been practicing for three days, and I am already hitting incredible forehands with your method.  Thanks, Ian!

  13. Hahahaha…. LOL….. This is too much information for beginners. They’re only understanding maybe 4 percent of what your saying. The other 96 percent is wasted. “…This is gonna take time…” yeah, like 10 years. “… lots of repetition..” right again dude … how about 10,000 repetitions….LOL I’m barely holding my racquet. But I got to this point after 20 years of playing.

  14. Very bed move of this guy. Usualy you should initiate the hit from the hand first and then adding the body power… like Federer. This guy here is doing legs hips and hand then … if you move all your body when hoting the ball good luck with your precision

  15. Wat langdradig ik begrijp dat dingen stap voor stap uitgelegd dienen te worden maar hier word het eindeloos herhaald waardoor het saai begint te worden….pppphhhh

  16. This a really poor lesson that puts the cart before the horse. Zero mention of the feet, legs, or footwork. Zero mention of loading power with the lower body. Zero mention of uncoiling with the lower body. Power starts from the bottom up, not the other way around. Feet and legs are the foundations for every tennis stroke (especially when wanting to add power). You don't build a house without first constructing the foundation. It's also silly that she went from using an open stance during practice swings to a neutral stance during actual ball striking. Technique should be taught first, before concepts (like kinetic chain, staying loose, etc.).

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *